Re: non-dpkg owned libc6 - etch to lenny upgrade problem

On Wed, February 25, 2009 10:25 am, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:56:09AM -0500, John Fleming wrote:
>> Consider me a newbie - trying to upgrade etch to lenny, getting msg about
>> having a non-dpkg owned copy of libc6-i686. "Can't live with it, can't live
>> without it". Can't remove it. Can't upgrade with what I have. Previously
>> I've done all installs and upgrades with apt-get. I started this system
>> with sarge, and successfully upgraded to etch a couple of years ago and have
>> kept etch upgraded. I've tried apt-get -f dist-upgrade and aptitude
>> dist-upgrade with same results.
>>
>> Specific next steps, please?
>
> Answer to my followup to your previous copy of that message from
> yesterday, rather than sending it again.

I would if I could...  I never saw my message posted, nor did I see your response.  Nor do I find either in the list archives.  Now that you've beat on me, and if you're sure your comments got posted, would you please send them to me again off-list?  Thanks