Re: Protecting files in linux

Jorge Delgado escribió:
> Hi, i would like to protect files like passwords and websites of Firefox
> (iceweasel), and this cannot be done encripting the files.

I have recently opened a discussion about something similar.

The program you can use is "encfs", and there is a fantastic GUI for
managing it called Cryptkeeper. Both are in Debian repositories.
You can create, for example, an encripted folder called "net", and then
_move_ the folders ".mozilla*" inside it. Then create a symbolic link
against them to your folder, and voalá, you have protected your files
_while_ you can use them.