Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo escribió:
> Well, a fun time (one week), sweating it up to make my ATI and Wifi work
> in Lenny AMD64 but nothing. With old fedora wifi works from the live cd
> and ATI with the update. No need even to try it with my dell or my
> Aspireone. So byebye Debian.
>
> I found on lenny many of the bugs and troubles found in Fedora 8 and 9,
> which all today are old history. Why losing time? Cant' understand.
> Lenny is a nice white-haired rookie (altough older than fedora), apt is
> nice, directory structures and config files are better than fedora, but
> I hardly find Debian a stable distro. Pulling her to further limits
> causes a quick breakage. I find hard fedora reporting a segfault, like
> lenny gave yestarday on networks-admin gui. Why the battery indicator
> suddenly dissapeared, being the panel thingy active? Why it takes so
> long to boot -sometimes-?

ATI drivers are in the non-free repositories of Debian. In Fedora you
have to configure non-free repositories too.
If a program hung up, it is a question of the program itself, not a
Debian fault.
I think you just did have the prejuice from the very beginning of
abandoning Debian at some point, and write it down here, in this list.
In other way, I can't understand the sense of your message.

Perhaps trying to create a flamewar?

That's my impression.