Re: Protecting files in linux

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 02:20:11PM +0100, Jorge Delgado wrote:
> Hi, i would like to protect files like passwords and websites of Firefox
> (iceweasel), and this cannot be done encripting the files.
>
> So, i need some program for protect the files and, at the same time be
> using them. If i encript the files, i cannot use them at the same time.
> And if I cannot use them at the same time, it's meaningless.
>
> Somebody could help me? Thank you very much, I appreciatte your help.

What do you mean by protect?  Do you want to keep them from changing?
Or do you want users not being able to view them? Do you only want
certain users to be able to use them (view or edit)?

Regards

Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not
      as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your
      heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
                                John 14:27