Re: annoying waiting the installation connection?

On 2009-02-23_09:24:33, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> really I am annoying by waiting the network connection .
> When I install lenny, the installer try to get I don't know what from
> internet , while in fact I install just from the CD.
> I want to skip all things coming from network ( like security, rdate. ...)
>
> thanks for help

Lenny doesn't fit on just one CD. The only alternative to waiting for
the internet, which I know of, is to download the full set of CD
images, burn the CDs, and then do the install. You might be able to
save some time by making a good guess as to which CDs you will
actually need (you might be surprised).  Even if you guess absolutely
opitimally, you still waste time downloading the stuff on those CDs
that you don't need (but is there because somebody else needs it).

The system that you get from just what is on the one CD does run and is
useful, but it does not have an impressive GUI interface. If that is
what you want, read the install notes for instructions on how to turn
off the installers attempts to access the internet. I'm pretty sure
you can find the instructions on the CD.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net