which machine will be affected if virus attacks?

Hi all,

        I am running Windows Xp on two systems.. system#1 is connected directly to inetrenet.. system#2 uses the shared connection from the system#1.. i have virtual machines running on system#2.. i have debian and backtrack as virtual machines which uses bridged networking to host system (system#2) to connect to internet..

I have no firewall, no antivirus, nothing on system#1.. system#2 has updated antiviruses.. are my virtual machines vulnerable?..

if I'm not using internet on system#2 eventhough shared connection is there, will it be affected anyway?? (the virtual machines running on it are using net)

if i'm not using internet directly from both the windows systems (the virtual machines running on it are using net), is there any chance to get affetcted?

Thanks and Regards,
Leo John Thomas,
Junior Security Analyst