Re: Logitec quickcam pro 9000 [was: Re: good webcam for Linux (low light, mic, 'just works')]

> H.S. wrote :
>
> Okay, bought this one yesterday and so far it is working with xawtv and
> skype and luvcview. Did nothing special to have it detected on Debian
> Testing. Did install the gspca module for my kernel though, but I am not
> sure how it actually helps.
>
> It low light performance is one of the best I have seen in usual
> consumer webcams.
>
> Looks good so far. The comparison page that another poster mentioned was
> also very useful.
>
> Having trouble to get it to work with ekiga for the moment though. I am
> getting an error message "Your video driver doesn't support the
> requested video format."

Just checked with Ekiga 2.0.12 (Squeeze, kernel 2.6.28.6) and it works OK.
Gspca won't be of any help, it's the uvc driver you need.

Lenny's kernel is 2.6.26, it was the first to include uvcvideo, it may
be a bit buggy.
If you get too many errors for your taste, try building uvcvideo module
from sources. You can get a tarball of the latest snapshot there:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pinchartl/uvcvideo/

Details are at the bottom of uvc project page on Berlios.de

http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/

But this is definitely out of the "just work" prerequisite ;-)

Tom