Logitec quickcam pro 9000 [was: Re: good webcam for Linux (low light, mic, 'just works')]

thveillon.debian wrote:
>> Alex Samad wrote :
>>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 04:49:27PM +0000, thveillon.debian wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I use a Logitech QC Pro 9000, bought it for ± £60, it's expensive but
>> you talking about one of these
>>
>> 046d:0990 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Pro 9000
>>

> Yes, it's the one I have. I was told that some earlier versions of this
> webcam were hit by a firmware bug (with a workaround fortunately), mine
> never caused me any trouble.
> I bought a second one as a present this Christmas, and it's working fine
> too (with Ubuntu).
>
> Here's a link to Logitech GNU-Linux compatibility page:
>
> http://www.quickcamteam.net/devices
>
> Tom

Okay, bought this one yesterday and so far it is working with xawtv and
skype and luvcview. Did nothing special to have it detected on Debian
Testing. Did install the gspca module for my kernel though, but I am not
sure how it actually helps.

It low light performance is one of the best I have seen in usual
consumer webcams.

Looks good so far. The comparison page that another poster mentioned was
also very useful.

Having trouble to get it to work with ekiga for the moment though. I am
getting an error message "Your video driver doesn't support the
requested video format."

ever having been read.