Re: Xen on lenny fails after upgrade from etch?

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Oliver Schneider <Borbarad@gmxpro.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
>> hope that helps
> before I did that, I noticed there were numerous xen 3.2 packages available.
>
> Removing the xen 3.0 stuff was easy (and would have to be done anyway), but then came the issues.
>
> Now, almost everything is fine as long as you remove xen 3.0, because the kernel that comes with Debian seems to work with xen 3.2. At least suddenly I could even boot the new kernel (after installing the xen 3.2 stuff and getting rid of the old).
>
> However, some changes were needed after booting into the new kernel:
> 1.) The Xen config needed the interface name explicitly. See: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=477525#13>
> 2.) I had to adjust the kernel and ramdisk parameters in the domU .cfg files (for obvious reasons ;))
>
> After doing those steps, I got "Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route failed; error detected." when attempting to create the domU, using "xm create domu.cfg".
>
> That's where I am stuck now. Any ideas? ifconfig does not yet show the "vif" interfaces, but that was normal as far as I recall (i.e. those are created in the process). Or am I mistaking and they have to be created manually?

No, vif interfaces are created automagically on demand. Please, show
us the output of "dpkg -l | grep iproute" and ifconfig (just which
interfaces do you have, addresses are not necessary to view). Verify
that vif-route belongs to the package recently installed too.

regards,

--
edu