Re: Xen on lenny fails after upgrade from etch?

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Oliver Schneider <Borbarad@gmxpro.net> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
>> I had the same problem. Looking in /usr/bin/xm I saw a reference to
>> /usr/bin/python2.4 and unfortunately lenny stable comes with
>> python2.5. The only workaround to solve this was compile xen with
>> python2.5.
>
> One more question then. Did you compile from the source package Debian provides or did you opt for the one from XenSource directly?

>From xen source 3.3.1 [1].

I've installed the following debian packages

aptitude install build-essential mercurial gawk zlib1g-dev libx11-dev
gettext libssl-dev libncurses5-dev python-dev texinfo

you should add bcc and bin86 if you want to use full virtualization (HVM).

$ cd /usr/include/gnu
$ ln -s stubs-64.h stubs-32.h
$ gzip -dc xen-3.3.1.tar.gz | tar xvf -
$ cd xen-3.3.1
$ make dist
$ make install

The symlink on stubs-64.h is a workaround for a bug in libc6-i386, you
have to do it if you want to complete the compilation process.
The make dist step automatically download the 2.6.18 kernel source
from mercurial and several packages so you have to be online.

hope that helps

--
edu

[1] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/XenOnEtch