source device options for /etc/crypttab in Lenny?

I'm just reading Lenny's release notes and have come to the section that
discusses device renaming.

I have root=LABEL=root so after an upgrade I should be able to boot.
However, I have some directories mounted with cryptsetup.  In Etch's
cryptsetup and crypttab man pages I don't see any indication where the
device can be identified by other than its device node.

Since the raw device doesn't have a filesystem on it, I know that it
can't be identified with a LABEL= syntax.  However, there are entries
for the partitions under /dev/disk/by-id and /dev/disk/by-path, but the
one I use for swap isn't listed under /dev/disk/by-uuid.

Has anyone upgraded who uses non-root encrypted partitions?  Any
problems?

Could someone who runs Lenny check the crypttab(5) man page and see if
it offers any insight?  Its the second field, the source device, in
which I'm interested.

Thanks,

Doug.