Re: Lenny upgrade: Failed to load modules "ati" and "typ1" when starting X. No drivers available

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, pavlos.paris wrote:

> Try the following
> 1) inside GNOME/KDE open a terminal and run
> xvidtune and tune the settings
> as you wish. Then click on show button, this will
> print on the terminal the setting to be used in
> xorg.conf.

Weird, when I try to run (as root) xvidtune from a terminal window I get:

# xvidtune
Error: Can't open display:

And it's true, I don't have a "Modeline" entry in the Monitor section of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Any ideas? Thanks