Re: security (malware) issues in Linux bases OSes

On 02/16/2009 03:55 PM, H.S. wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

Sure.  The keylogger would have to add itself to the "autostart folder",
but that's no mean feat.

I am sorry, what is an auto start folder in relation to Debian or Ubuntu?

The same people who would install NakedBrittany.deb are the same
ones who log in thru gdm, probably without even a password.

I would expect it to put a line in .bashrc to start automatically when
user logs in or perhaps put in a crobtab entry for the user.

Does .bashrc execute from within gdm, or only when you open a terminal window?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification