Re: security (malware) issues in Linux bases OSes

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:25:35 -0500, H.S. wrote:

> In the last some weeks I recall reading in one of the mailing lists that
> it is just a matter of popularity that we are not seeing bad intentioned
> debs or rpms on the internet. If Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora were to become
> sufficiently popular, the claim is that it would be just as easy and
> popular to infect these OSes by making a user install something like
> NakedBrittany.deb as is now the case with Windows users.

Don't know where you get it from, but seem to me the person who made such claims is a clueless Linux
newbie himself. Debian have package signature signing and checking years ago, even for non-official repos.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/