Re: Install Debian GNU/Linux

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 02:29:06PM +0700, Cahaya Lilin wrote:
> Hello all..
>
> I want to  know is there Debian linux can install by copy the entire files
> in the hard disk to another hard disk ??
>
> Because i already install linux in my computer and now i want to install
> linux in another computer but not install it from the cd, it would be good
> if Debian GNU/linux can install in another computer just by copy all of the
> files..
>
> and is there setting i have to do ??
>
> Thanx..

Look into debootstrap; it will install Debian into a separate partition,
and you can copy your /home folder over (so you will have the same
configuration). Of course, you'll need to reinstall all of the packages
you've installed in your original Debian system, but I'm sure you
expected that :]

(Note: This isn't a method to clone a Debian system, this is a way to
install a separate instance of Debian)

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega