Re: radeonhd on R5xx based card + dri very slow

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:14:36 +0100
Thomas Preud'homme <thomas.preudhomme@celest.fr> wrote:

[snip]

> glxgears
> 1008 frames in 5.0 seconds = 201.471 FPS
> 1226 frames in 5.0 seconds = 245.142 FPS
> 1237 frames in 5.0 seconds = 247.393 FPS
> 1236 frames in 5.0 seconds = 247.034 FPS
>
> If I play a game or a 3D screensaver it's awfully slow as expected.
>
> Did I misunderstand something about the configuration ?
>
> Why is it so slow ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas Preud'homme

Are the xorg and drivers that you installed from experimental? I had to
install all these packages from experimental in order to get a fully
functional set up. Also, the mesa packages need to be compatible with
the driver you are using. This means, the latest 3D drivers usually use
the latest mesa libraries.

Also is your graphics card compatible with the 'radeon' driver? I've
had more success with that.

Good luck,
Amit