Re: Lenny?

On Sunday 15 February 2009 15:35:42 Charlie wrote:
> After doing # apt-get update
> Then get this: # apt-get upgrade
> Then do this: # apt-get dselect-upgrade
> What am I missing?

Try 'aptitude dist-upgrade'.  Aptitude is the preferred package manager since
at least Etch.

However, you should see the Lenny release notes for the proper way to upgrade.
In general, you should update 'dpkg', 'apt', and 'aptitude' to their Lenny
versions before updating everything.

If, for some reason, aptitude also wants to remove some packages, we can
troubleshoot better from there.  If we need to troubleshoot, the output of
'apt-cache policy', 'aptitude install', 'aptitude upgrade', and 'aptitude
dist-upgrade' would probably be the best start.