Re: security (malware) issues in Linux bases OSes

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 04:33:53PM -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > A Debian user should not be expected to install just any .deb file.
> >

> Ideally speaking, I'd say this holds for any OS: Users should not just
> install (or click, or run) everything they see.
>
> In practice things happen differently, especially in the Windows world.

As I have pointed out, there's no real reason for the user interface to
make that operation too simple. After all, you're not really guaranteed
that you'll actually be able to install that package, as you may not
have its dependencies.

The easy way to install packages is through apt.
https://launchpad.net/apturl/