Re: Wich e-mail server to choose?

On 2009-02-11_11:22:01, Stackpole, Chris wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, Stack. Your post came thru after I had just sent mine. I was
misleading in what I said. The installer does install Exim, so it true
the OP doesn't have to choose, but he does need to know its name,
because he needs to type in the reconfigure command that you gave
him. Otherwise it probably won't do the mail deliveries that he
wants. I recall that I found the instructions for reconfiguring
confusing. And there is more to it than just executing the one
command, and then following the prompts. There is fetchmail, and an
email name alias in /etc, for From: rewriting, etc.

To OP: Stack's command is right. And, it's OK to come back and ask
more questions. Just be careful to pay attention to who is giving
advice. I am not an officially approved advisor. You may want to find
corroboration for my advice.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net