Wich e-mail server to choose?

Hi all:

I would appreciate any advice on what mail Server to choose. This would be my first experience installing and configuring an internal mail server (No e-mail outside the LAN). Only to exchange mails between Windows PC’s inside my department (IP segment or subnet).

This is a small intranet project where a Windows DNS server is already running but is not in my possibilities to manage it. I’ll be using a Debian etch box to accomplish this intranet project.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Regards
Oscar Corte