Re: Which programming Language

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 09:49:08AM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:

> Well, to be fair, who is really to say the compiler will go missing?
> I've never heard of a popular language's compiler/interpretor going
> missing, especially considering that every Linux distribution mirrors
> it.
>
> I bet that in ten years Debian will still have a legacy package for
> Python 2.x interpreters.

You assume that upstream will still be maintaining (doing bug and
security fixes) 2.x, and that a DD will be interested in maintaining the
package.  Also, you're assuming that Debian will stil run on whatever
computer hardware I'm using.  I'll have to see what hardware I have that
won't install Lenny.

Doug.