Re: Which programming Language

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:39:20AM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 06:25:31PM +0100, Abdelkader Belahcene wrote:
> > HI,
> > There are many and many programming languages (mainly : C,C++,java,
> > Shell, Perl, python, php). which learn and use, in which circonstances
> > use that language instead of the other.
> >
> > In many situations we can use anyone, but which is better.
>
> If you are running on *NIX, the ability to at least read a sh script is
> very helpful.  I haven't spent enough time figuring out the syntax of
> test (multiple [ with or without spaces); seems too arcane unless you do
> it every day.  I use sh the way DOS uses .bat files.  If its more
> complicated, I go to something else.
>
> I've done a lot in Python.  I have a lot of python programs.  The new
> version of python will change the print statement to a print function
> (among other language changes) which will mean porting old stuff to new.
> Yuck.

Doug, from what I understand the new version of Python won't replace
Python 2.x, but instead it will be somewhat of a fork -- there are still
plans for development of a Python 2.7, as to not break compatibility
while still allowing for improvements (though, it is suggested that you
port everything to new)

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega