Re: A question about /etc/profile

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I start the terminal by left-clicking on the small icon on the desktop panel.
>>> I tried to do what you suggest: I right clicked on the small terminal icon,
>>> then in Properties I edited the command from '/usr/bin/gnome-terminal to:
>>>
>>> 'XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM GTK_IM_MODULE=scim QT_IM_MODULE=scim /usr/bin/gnome-terminal'
>>>
>>> , but when I left click to launch the terminal I get an error message:
>>>
>>> Details: Failed to execute child process "XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
>>> GTK_IM_MODULE=scim QT_IM_MODULE=scim /usr/bin/gnome-terminal" (No such file
>>> or directory)
>

> Aneurin Price <aneurin.price@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What about if you use 'env XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
>> QT_IM_MODULE=scim /usr/bin/gnome-terminal'?
>

> In this case I get no error message, but nothing happens: C-space does not
> activate scim toolbar.

In that case, I'm out of ideas. If it's a big deal you'll probably need to find
somebody who's using scim to work out the configuration you want. One of the
other posters did say though that having it all the time wasn't making things
slower for them, so you might want to look into why it slows down your
terminal...

Nye