Re: A question about /etc/profile (was: Scim does not work with openoffice)

On Thursday 05 February 2009 19:35:36 Rodolfo Medina wrote:

>  $ source script
>
> has the same effect than running those three commands from command line.
> Instead, putting them in /etc/profile is more powerful, it gets more
> effects. It seems there's no alternative to that?

The place I got that from said that you could put them in a user's own profile
file if you wanted them to be for one user only.  I haven't tested that, and
I can't remember the details.

I'm not clear why you object to putting it in /etc/profiles?  I shan't be
using it myself very often - but I just wanted it to work, and by the
simplest (for me) method.

Lisi