Re: Problem getting Win to see Samba shared printer

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 14:04 -0500, Rob Singelais wrote:
> mitch wrote:
> >> I've tried that tutorial and others online, and none of them has helped.
> >> The way it looks to me on XP is it can see Samba but something is wrong
> >> with my cups config because XP can't see the printer and I can't figure
> >> out what that may be. Help please?
> >>

> > If you post your cups config, someone maybe able to assit.
> >

> I posted my cups config in my first post. But I'll post it again.
>
> *
> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf*
>
> LogLevel warning
> SystemGroup lpadmin
> # Allow remote access
> Port 631
> Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
> # Enable printer sharing and shared printers.
> Browsing On
> BrowseOrder allow,deny
> BrowseAllow all
> BrowseAddress @LOCAL
> DefaultAuthType Basic
> <Location />
>  # Allow shared printing...
>  Order allow,deny
>  Allow @LOCAL
> </Location>
> <Location /admin>
>  # Restrict access to the admin pages...
>  Order allow,deny
> </Location>
> <Location /admin/conf>
>  AuthType Default
>  Require user @SYSTEM
>  # Restrict access to the configuration files...
>  Order allow,deny
> </Location>

<snip>

Have a look at;

http://www.debianadmin.com/setup-cups-common-unix-printing-system-server-and-client-in-debian.html

This is what I used when I had the same problem as your are having.

Also this, http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=10438 is a great
resource

Your cups.conf needs to be modified per the how to's.