Re: Problem getting Win to see Samba shared printer

mitch wrote:
On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 07:42 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Rob Singelais wrote:
Hello,

I have installed hplip 2.8.7 using the automatic installer from sourceforge and the printer works fine on Debian Lenny. I installed samba and am trying to share it to a Windows XP machine. After I run the add printer wizard in XP I see the workgroup (set the same on both machines) that I set up on Debian but underneath where it is suppose to show the printer doesn't show up. Am I missing something here?

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like on XP. http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen1kd1.jpg

<snip>

I have the same problem. Hope someone has a solution.

Hugo

This might be of help.

Sharing a printer to Windows XP clients with Samba and Cups

I've tried that tutorial and others online, and none of them has helped. The way it looks to me on XP is it can see Samba but something is wrong with my cups config because XP can't see the printer and I can't figure out what that may be. Help please?