Re: How to uninstall a package which is failing to install/uninstall

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 06:13:11PM +0100, Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> I have tried to install HP OpenIpmi Eth 64 bits .deb and I couldn't do
> it because it was failing to rebuild kernel module. Now I want to
> uninstall but when I try to  uninstall the package, it is trying to
> compile again and it is failling. By this reason I can't uninstall the
> package, How is the correct way to uninstall?

  That sounds like a very broken package.  I would suggest hacking the
pre/postrm to remove the compilation step, as long as you can verify
that doing so won't leave cruft on your system.

  Daniel