Re: Serious aptitude upgrade problem

According to what you posted earlier today, apt doesn't know about 2007.dfsg.2-1 yet. Assuming you are on Lenny/Sid you might try "aptitude update" to resolve that.

Or better: It doesn't know about 2007.dfsg.2-1 anymore. Because it did know and downloaded the version.

aptitude update: This would be logical for me, but I haven't dared to do that after the second time not to get even more mess.

But now I tried again: *And it worked*. Aptitude knows all the packages again. So: problem solved.

The second update must have confused it. How could it happen and, more
important, how can I fix this?

Yeah, I'm not sure how that confused it, but it could happen. Are you doing anything unusual? E.g., have a local apt repository, use some sort of apt-proxy software, et al.?

No, nothing special. I just have different sources in the menu.lst.

Thank you for your help.

Flo