Re: Serious aptitude upgrade problem

It looks like being installed but it isn't.

How do you know that 2007.dfsg.1-1 isn't what is actually installed? All these seem to agree that it is what is installed. Could you do some sort of sha1sum test to verify your version of the files shipped in this package actually differ from the one in 2007.dsfg.1-1?

You are right! 2007.dfsg.2-1 is the uptodate version. 2007.dfsg.1-1 is the old version which is installed and should be upgraded. I did some investigation at the /var/cache/apt/archives directory and found the new package already downloaded.

But now aptitude doesn't know that it should perform the actual upgrade of this (and other) packages.

The second update must have confused it. How could it happen and, more important, how can I fix this?

Thank you for this hint and your help.

Flo.