gtkam not recognizing camera any more

I'm having more problems since my upgrade to Lenny.

My digital camera, a Kodak Easyshare C813, is no longer recognized by gtkam. It worked before, on Etch. I had to add the VendorID and ProductNumber to (I believe) /etc/udev/libgphoto2.rules to get it to work. I don't remember if I had to do anything else. When I upgraded to Lenny, the above file was rewritten, wiping out my changes. I checked the output of lsusb, however, and got the VendorID and ProductNumber and added them to /etc/udev/libgphoto2.rules. I then rebooted the computer and tried to connect to the camera. No luck. The most recent libgphoto2 says that it has support for the C813, but I would rather stick with the Debian package. If it worked before then I should be able to get it to work now. Is there something else, other than adding a line to /etc/udev/libgphoto2.rules with the correct vendor and product info, that I need to do to get gtkam to recognize my camera?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com