Re: essential packages getting deleted when switching to testing libc6

On 01/15/09 13:15, Stephen Dewey wrote:
[snip]

Ok. Yeah I guess I should have done things a bit differently. Given
that I started a different way, switching sources to Lenny and running
an upgrade then a dist-upgrade that left "75 not fully installed or
removed" packages, do you have any idea how I should dig myself out of
this mess? I am tempted to simply install the new kernel as suggested
(apt-get install linux-image-2.6-686) and then run apt-get
dist-upgrade again to finish the process once that dependency is
resolved, but I am worried about making things worse.

Also I am still not sure about the significance of the "not fully
installed or removed" programs.

As for aptitude, I could use that but I am not sure if it would be
good to switch tools in the middle of my upgrade effort...

Look for /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-2.6*deb.

I'd manually (dpkg -i") install install the relevant package then reboot and try again following the Etch->Lenny instructions.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA