Re: Lightweight alternative to imagemagick?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 07:40:37AM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > I want to resize jpeg images (in order to create thumbnail images for a
> > webpage) from a bash script and know that I can use 'convert' from the
> > imagemagick package to achieve this.  This will be run on a (headless,
> > no X) lenny/armel NSLU2 "slug".
>
>  GIMP  ships  with a second binary called gimp-console. This binary is a
>        console-only version and  behaves  as  if  gimp  was  called  with  the
>        --no-interface command-line option.

I think you refer to gimp-console. Does it solve the OPs problem of
Imagemagick being too heavy? I suspect that installing Gimp will also
pull in several X and GTK+ based dependencies which offer little value
on a Slug...

As for other options, I cannot think of any myself. However, I suspect
that while Imagemagick convert will stress your SLUG a little, it
might still do the job for you as long as you don't run much else on
the Slug...

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah