Re: Help with u tube video streaming

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:48:22AM +0000, Chris S wrote:
> reult from last advice seemed to install ok details to follow but no affect
> on the frame rate on u tube, I get a picture update about one a sec and a
> half, I know it can't be hardware as nothing has changed in hardware or
> connection speed, oh and when I right click the video and go to ? it lists

Just a thought ... how many instances/tabs of iceweasel are you running?

To eliminate network issues, I'd grab the youtube video and play it in
mplayer. Install clive (or youtube-dl if its available) and get the
video. Install mplayer. then:
mplayer cvxdssd.flv (or whatever the .flv is called that clive or
youtube-dl grabbed).

The output from the "mplayer cvxdssd.flv" command may give some clues to
your problem.

--
Chris.
======