Help with u tube video streaming

Hello everyone genius type people,
Can you help, I don't know much about computers (in comparison to you guys) and nearly zero about linux/debian, however after my friend had a rather fatal problem with windows recently I decided to try Debian and I love it. So I installed the lastest stable version, etch, and have very nearly got a system with the same functionality as the old windows system however I simply cannot seem to get u tube videos to play correctly., under windows they ran perfectlly but now the video is very 'jerky'. I am unsure about the further details you require and so instead of guessing could you let me know what you need (and maybe how to find it) I will send you the details. I have googled myself to near insanity but cannot find anything that directly helps. My apologies if I'm not being clear or doing something wrong.

--
OM MANI PADME HUM