Re: root's offsite mail

root wrote:
    How can I get 'root' out of the 'From:' line of root's offsite mail?
I've scanned the docs for exim4, mutt and mailx on this Debian
etch(mostly) system but nothing found so far.
    I know I can send mail as another user but would rather
find a solution that doesn't necessitate that.
I tried Google but found no answer there.
Thanks,
Mike
In .muttrc you can add a 'set from' line:

set from="melvin@aol.com"

For system mail forwarded to a real address in /etc/aliases, you would want something like Postfix's address rewriting rules like so:

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html

esmtp has a way to do this too, as I recall.

Hope this is what you need.