Re: my new Inspiron - WAS: OT: laptop recomendations

Kent West:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> 2009/1/6 Kent West <westk@acu.edu>:
>>
>>> (You also get spoiled to the two-finger scrolling on a track-pad fast
>>> too. I love it on my Debian lappy and on my Macbook; I get so frustrated
>>> when I sit down at a Windows laptop and don't have that feature.
>>
>> What's that? Link, please
>
> http://www.symphonious.net/2007/05/22/two-finger-scrolling-rocks/

AFAICS, that's almost exactly what the synaptics touchpad in my five
year old laptop could do. It didn't have two-finger scrolling but there
were "scrolling regions" (to the left and the bottom by default) and
two-finger click was interpreted as middle click (nice for Firefox). You
could even have right clicke by tapping in the bottom right corner. I
really liked these features as well.

But I must say that I really like the trackpoint of my Thinkpad X200
(doesn't have a touchpad) as well. Scrolling works by pressing the
middle button and bending the trackpoint. I got used to the little thing
in almost no time (less than two weeks).

J.
--
I spend money without thinking on products and clothes that I believe
will enhance my social standing.