Re: does debian have other utilities similar to multicd ??

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 09:30:57PM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

> I hope in the next couple of months to get a small tape library from the
> same place I got my four NetServer LPr boxes.  It supposed to have an
> LTO-2 tape drive and storage for a dozen tapes, all in a 3U enclosure,
> and all for $500.

The other issue is physical size.  A tape cartridge will fit into a
standard bank safety deposit box whereas a 3.5" disk will not.  Neither
will a CD/DVD in a jewel case.  That's part of what I meant by the
storage facilities available.

Doug.