Re: USB-to-PS/2 adaptor: mouse works, keyboard doesn't

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri,02.Jan.09, 15:30:42, Daniel Cliff wrote:
>
>> I hope I'm not bound to boot first WinXP and then restart and boot
>> Debian in order to use the keyboard!
>
> What happens if you boot Debian with the adaptor and the peripherals
> connected?

I tried that, and the keyboard does not work either.

I suspect the problem is with the USB power.
The adaptor is USB bus powered. Evidently, WinXP provides the power
for the keyboard thru the adaptor, and once it's powered up, it
remains so when I restart in Debian. For some reason, Debian is unable
to provide that power.

The CD that came with the keyboard has only an .exe file. The adaptor
didn't ship any CD, but the packaging says "Supports Linux". I'll try
contacting the manufacturer.

Further ideas welcome!
Thank you.
D.