Re: Where to put the source of kernel ??

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009, Abdelkader Belahcene wrote:

Hi,
I want to install gspcav1 (version 20071224)  from http://
mxhaard.free.fr/spca50x/Download,
which is a source package for set of webcam drivers.

the built file, gspca_build,  contains the folowing lines:

KERNELVER=`uname -r`
SRCDIR=/lib/modules/$KERNELVER/build

if [ ! -d $SRCDIR/include/linux ]; then
echo -e '\E[31;44m'
echo -e '\E[1m FATAL you need to install the Kernel Source for your
running kernel\E[0m'
exit 1
fi

It seraches for the kernel source in /lib/modules......
I install the kernel source it is in /usr/src

so when I ran  gspca_build, it didn't find my source!!!??
Is it an error on the file gspca_build  ?
must I add something or config to  my source ??

thanks for hel

Your kernel should be in /usr/src and link the source to linux.

/usr/src/linux-2.6.28
ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6.28 /usr/src/linux

Run make menuconfig/make oldconfig in that directory.

Then try again.

Justin.