Re: Best software under Gnome

On 01/01/09 13:39, Frank McCormick wrote:
[snip]

  gThumb doesn't recognize the camera...and neither does gtkam. Dunno
why...it's not like it's a brand new model.

gphoto2 in Sid is a 15 months behind upstream, but even the latest version doesn't recognize the dsc-s730.

However...

The camera is recognized fine by the kernel...it appears as /dev/sdb1

Linux sees it as a block device. Mount /dev/sdb1 as type vfat and see if that works.

(Actually, I'm surprised that Nautilus didn't try to mount it to the desktop...)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.