How to apt-get over ssh tunnel through a firewall?

Hi,

I have a number of debian  machines that live behind a firewall.

Debian Machine A is granted internet access and can browse
the internet. However machines B-D were not granted internet access and live on the general internal network,
and were originally installed with Debian by utilizing a private network with machine A
192.168.4.x, and getting internet access via NAT through A.

Now machines B-D no longer live on the private network but can ssh into machine A.

Now I know how to browse the internet on B-D
by creating  a ssh tunnel to A and utilizing the Iceweasel Browser settings to use a
local Socks proxy.

Can I do something similar with  apt-get so that I can apt-get update and apt-get upgrade
over ssh without
physically moving the machines B-D to the private network 192.168.4.x with machine A?

thanks,
mitchell