Re: problems with madwifi and Atheros AR5418

Kevin Mitchell a écrit :
> Sorry if I used the wrong notation, that was 25 Mbits/s ~ 3.2 Mbytes/s
> which is only slightly faster that 11g so it's not that "wow", but an
> improvement nonetheless.

Well, even if the improvement is not great, it's an improvement. So it's
cool given that my basic problem was just to get the thing working at all.

> What modules is module assistant trying to build?

Alsa and virtualbox-ose. I tried with alsa-source from sid as well as
from testing, and virtualbox-ose-source only from testing (I'm basically
running testing except when I *need* bleeding edge versions).

> The headers
> shouldn't be a problem. If you've compiled your own kernel, just make
> sure to keep the source tree from the compile (that means don't "make
> clean" it too).

Yes, actually it's ok. I forgot to rename the 2.6.26 directory to
2.6.27-rc5 after patching it, so that's why I thought it was using the
wrong headers.

> I did however notice a few things weren't yet bleeding
> edge enough for the new kernel. A common problem is that the
> asm/semaphore.h header is now at linux/semaphore.h. If you take a look
> in your source files and switch that around, things might work. For
> example, see this bug on tp_ctrl:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2041469&group_id=1212&atid=101212

Oh yes, exactly. I had this problem while trying to compile the modules
for virtualbox. Would a symlink be fine to make sure everyone can find
semaphore.h where it expects it?

Thanks,
Manuel.