Re: Emacs has hard time with big text files

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> Must... not... compare... emacs... to... Operating... System...
>
> I wasn't comparing anything to anything. I don't understand
> even what your objection might be.

In the old vi-vs.-EMACS flamewars it was often claimed by vi advocates
that EMACS' larger memory footprint and greater attempted
extensibility made it basically a replacement operating system.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editor_war .

While you're hanging around wikipedia learning about ancient religious
wars, you might also want to look into
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_years%27_war and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussite_war -- those two are almost as
dated as this one...  : )