Re: Emacs has hard time with big text files

On 09/05/08 10:46, Mike McCarty wrote:
Martin wrote:
When I open big text file (46M in this case) emacs take long time for
moving cursor and editing. It takes 3-4 seconds to process every key
press.

Is this only my case or is emacs in general sluggish with big files?

Have you looked at the output from top? You may be swapping.

Must... not... compare... emacs... to... Operating... System...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson