"This might mean you need to manually fix this package"

Hello,

I updated my Debian Testing machine this morning and noticed that I was
getting an error from dpkg. The cause was no space on /var. If I tried
to reinstall the package which was showing the problem I got this:
$> sudo aptitude reinstall gparted
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages will be REINSTALLED:
  gparted
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libparted1.8-10{u}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 1 to remove and
20 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the gparted package. This might mean
you need to manually fix this package.
Writing extended state information... Done
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the gparted package. This might mean
you need to manually fix this package.
E: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download

A bit google search gave me this site:
http://www.newt.com/debian/blog.html

And I then used this command:
:~# sudo dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq --remove gparted
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libparted1.8-10'
missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
281610 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing gparted ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...

Then I was able to use aptitude install gparted, which still gave a
warning or two but looks like it worked:
$> sudo aptitude install gparted
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
  gparted
  libparted1.8-10
1 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 20 not upgraded.
Need to get 798kB of archives. After unpacking 2286kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
Writing extended state information... Done
Get:1 http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca testing/main libparted1.8-10
1.8.8.git.2008.03.24-9 [197kB]
Get:2 http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca testing/main gparted 0.3.8-1+b1 [600kB]
Fetched 798kB in 2s (288kB/s)
(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libparted1.8-10'
missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
281555 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libparted1.8-10 1.8.8.git.2008.03.24-9 (using
.../libparted1.8-10_1.8.8.git.2008.03.24-9_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libparted1.8-10 ...
Selecting previously deselected package gparted.
Unpacking gparted (from .../gparted_0.3.8-1+b1_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
Setting up libparted1.8-10 (1.8.8.git.2008.03.24-9) ...
Setting up gparted (0.3.8-1+b1) ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done

Current status: 20 updates [-1].

So, the question I have now is to ask the experienced gurus here whether
everything went okay. Is there any way I can confirm all is well with my
packages in the machine? The following command seems to work okay:
$> sudo aptitude -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 20 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information