Re: Need an Etch compatible eSATA PCI card

Am 02.09.2008 um 04:49 schrieb Michael Perry:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:00:22 +0200, JW <jw@mailsw.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of a brand/model of eSATA card (PCI-Express,
or at least PCI)
that works with Etch?

I'm having trouble finding documentation since almost everything focuses on
internal SATA and RAID. I don't need RAID - just an eSATA connector for
external drives.

JW

--

----------------------
System Administrator - Cedar Creek Software

I'd probably take a look at http://www.satasite.com since most of the
links for esata cards include operating systems that the cards work on.
That being said, I bought an external PCI or PCI-x card there that
worked really well and it was pretty cheap. I ended up getting an
enclosure, disks, and card because once I started shopping I just could
not stop :)

I have the Adaptec 1225SA  up and running.
i had to add the missing pci id to the sata_sil24 module to get it working. the id is 0244
since kernel 2.6.25 (i think) this has changed and this step is no more required.

bye,

Michael.