Re: How to download online videos?

On 08/26/08 12:13, Rick Pasotto wrote:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 06:45:51PM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
All the videos that can be viewed online but cannot be downloaded
normally. The problem arose with a particular .flv video I wanted to
download from a web site.  I managed to download it with MS-Windows
RealPlayer, from the Windows partition I have on my hard disk.

I installed RealPlayer also on Debian, but it does not seem to work.

I'd be glad if anybody suggests a particular tool that's known to
really work.

clive works with both google and youtube videos. By default it converts
flv to mp4.

youtube-dl works only with youtube and leaves in flv format.

Both have many options to control what happens to the video on your
machine. Both are standard debian packages.

Clive is just about the greatest thing since sliced bread.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson