Re: How to download online videos?

"Mirco Piccin" <pictux@gmail.com> writes:

> I think that depends on which kind of video you mean.
> Real Player is available also for Debian, but there are a lot of other
> applications and scripts (and also firefox/iceweasel plugins) to do
> the job.
>
> Which kind of video you need to download?

All the videos that can be viewed online but cannot be downloaded normally.
The problem arose with a particular .flv video I wanted to download from a web
site.  I managed to download it with MS-Windows RealPlayer, from the Windows
partition I have on my hard disk.

I installed RealPlayer also on Debian, but it does not seem to work.

I'd be glad if anybody suggests a particular tool that's known to really work.

Thanks
Rodolfo