Re: State of 64bit desktop

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 07:05:19AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> > If I'm hearing folks correctly, is 32-bit flash running out of the box
> > on 64-bit lenny now? If it's not running out of the box, could someone
> > please post a link to a HOWTO? Thanks!
> apt-get install nspluginwrapper
> apt-get install flashplayer-mozilla (from the debian multimedia repo)
>
> that should be it :)

It may work but we now have good packages in official Debian site.

For Java, icedtea-gcjwebplugin is in main.  (Sun Java is not packaged
but this free one is pretty good)

For Flash, swfdec-mozilla and mozilla-plugin-gnash are in main while
flashplugin-nonfree is contrib.  This flashplugin-nonfree load 32bit
version using nspluginwrapper.

For most video's, mozilla-plugin-gnash is working for me but google
street view only works with nonfree flash player.

http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch08.en.html#webbrowsersinx

Osamu