Re: suspend / hibernate

2008/8/6 Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:

>> How do you monitor load when suspending / hibernating? On a
>> different console?
>
> we're talking about system load that's still hanging around *after*
> resuming. When the system comes back up, and you get control back, the
> system load will be very high for several seconds or more depending on
> who it is...

Okay. I will also watch out for this behavour.

>> Slight thread hijack but the problem I have is that hibernate works
>> and I am able to recover on restart but suspend shuts down but does
>> not recover. All I get is a lighted up screen (which becomes normal in
>> case of hibernate)
>
> do you mean suspending to ram? That's a trickier deal than suspending
> to disk, or hibernating. There are many possible factors involved
> including whether or not to rePOST the video adapter and so
> forth. read man s2ram as a starter...

Thanks for pointer will look it up.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.